The 2018 Altamont Victorian Holiday Celebration & Wintermarket takes place on Sunday December 9th. Click “Read More” below to see the entire schedule of events!
Note: a map of all the different locations can be found here.
Saturday, December 8 7-9 pm
Altamont Village residents are invited to join ACT at the Masonic Hall for a complimentary wine and cheese party. You can preview the Festival of Trees and Wreath Auction, which will be on display all weekend. This year we are hosting a free drawing for a bottle of bubbly. Looking forward to seeing those Ugly Holiday Sweaters again this year!!
Adults only, please.
Sunday, December 9
Holiday House Tours
Tickets on sale from 12:00 to 3:15pm at the Masonic Hall.
Adults: $10. Children age 10 and under free.
• Ticket price includes trolly transportation to visit six historic homes in the village!
Family Fun Events:
The Masonic Hall
138 Maple Avenue 12-4:30pm
• Vote for your favorite decorations in the Festival of Trees
• Silent Decorated Wreath auction winners announced at 3:30
• Community Wreath – My favorite thing about Altamont is…
• Children’s gingerbread houses on display all day.
Altamont Reformed Church
129 Lincoln Ave. 4:15pm
• Living Nativity
• Scavenger hunt ends here with a prize (available until 4:00pm)
St. John’s Lutheran Church
140 Maple Ave. 12:30-5:00pm
• Mrs. Red Shoes crafts
• Balloon fun with Mac N’Tosh the Clown
• Bake sale, hot chocolate, hot dogs & coffee
• Indian Ladder Brewery
• New England Novelty
• Hay rides
• Boy Scouts’ bonfires
• Kettle Korn and Mom’s Cake Pops
Don’t Miss the Santa Train!
Orsini Park 5:00pm
• Holiday tree lighting
• Santa arrives on the Train
Even More Family Fun:
Altamont Free Library
179 Main Street 12-5pm
• Art quilt raffle
• Ornament making for kids
• Book signings:
- Nancy Payne – How I Came To Dowagiac
- Keith Willis – Desperate Knight
Bella Fleur and Remedies
182 Main St
• Holiday wine and liquor tasting
• Holiday greens demonstrations
• Build your own centerpiece
One Love Preschool
Now at the Reformed Church, 129 Lincoln 12-4pm
Make and take a beautiful holiday ornament.
Prizes available until 4:00 for completing the Scavenger Hunt.
Sensory Gratitude Scavenger Hunt
• Pick up flyers at the Masonic Hall and other village locations: ReNue Spa, Severson Insurance, Altamont Community Room or American Legion, the Spinning Room, Bella Fleur. Return completed flyers to One Love Preschool at the Reformed Church, 129 Lincoln by 4:00 pm.
186 Main St.
The bar will be open all day. Smoked meats outdoors!
106 Maple Ave.
S’mores outdoors and walking tacos.
Holiday shopping from 12-5 pm
American Legion: 988 Altamont Blvd. near Stewart’s
• Crocheted Gifts by Diane
• My Golden Leaf
• Family Tree Crafters
• The Spicy Purrito
• Snowberry Wreath and Candles
• On Feather’s Edge
• Sami’s Crafts
• Molly Eyes
• Jacobs Barn
Re-Nue Spa: 119 Maple Avenue
• Bozen Creek Fiber Farm
• HAWC Photography
• Herbal Turtle Teas
• O’Boys Soap
• Under the Nose Fudge
• Children’s book
Severson Insurance: 135 Maple Ave.
• Kelly’s English Toffee
• Norray Honey
Spinning Room: 190 Main Street
• Knitted items for sale
Altamont Community Room: 115 Main Street
• Vintage Heart
• Butterfly Garden Crafts
• Lularoe with Jennifer Biski
• Usborne Books and more
• Origami Owl, custom jewelry
• Ultimate Bling Boss & Kim’s Paparazzi Bling
• Left brain Creations
• Marybeth’s Monograms and More
• Jokamsco Group
• Tricia’s Oak Art
• Color Street
• The Traveling Vineyard
• Sprinkles Kustom Kupcakes
• Simply Beauty by Beth
• Backwoods Candle Company
• Mindy Joy
• Bohemian Pizazzo
• Pampered Chef
• KMMY Designs
• Cyndy & Co. Crafts Emporium
• Save Around
• All Purpose Gifts
• Smell Well Soaps and Sundries
• Jane’s Daughter
• Dee Dee’s Gift Shop
• Lemongrass Spa with Mary Fronk
• Real Time Pain Relief
• Altamont AFD Auxiliary selling cookies trays and several raffles
Village Businesses Open:
• Agway/Altamont Country Values: 106 Prospect Terrace
• Altamont Corners: 187 Main St.
• Bella Fleur and Remedies: 182 Main St.
• Home Front Cafe: 192 Main St. (7a-1p)
• Hungerford Market: 106 Maple Ave.
• Stewart’s: 1001 Altamont Blvd.
• Veronica’s: 186 Main St.
• Village Pizza: 101 Prospect Terrace