The 2019 Altamont Victorian Holiday Celebration & Wintermarket takes place on Sunday December 15th. Click “Read More” below to see the entire schedule of events!
Note: a map of all the different locations can be found here.
Saturday, December 13 7-9 pm
Altamont Village residents are invited to join ACT at the Masonic Hall for a complimentary wine and cheese party. You can preview the Festival of Trees and Wreath Auction, which will be on display all weekend. This year we are hosting a free drawing for a bottle of bubbly. Looking forward to seeing those Ugly Holiday Sweaters again this year!!
Adults only, please.
Sunday, December 14 12-5 pm
Fun throughout the Village
START AT MASONIC HALL
138 Maple Avenue 12-4:30pm
• Trolly Stop: Trolly will circle the village and stop at all Wintermarket locations
• Pick up ACTivity Maps and Kids Scavenger Hunt questions
• Raffles and Holiday Decoration Sale to benefit ACT Community Grant Fund
• Vote for your favorite decorations in the Festival of Trees
• Silent Decorated Wreath auction winners announced at 3:30
• Community Wreath
• Children’s gingerbread houses on display all day
ST. JOHN’S LUTHERAN CHURCH
140 Maple Ave. 12:30-5:00pm
• Christmas carol singing by Lisa and friends 1-1:30 p.m.
• Community carol sing open to all 2-4 p.m.
• Community Room Activities
• Mrs. Red Shoes Make and Take crafts for kids
• Balloon fun with Mac N’Tosh the Clown
• Bake sale, hot chocolate, hot dogs & coffee
ALTAMONT REFORMED CHURCH
129 Lincoln Ave. 4:15pm
• Living Nativity
• Scavenger hunt ends here with a prize (available until 4:00pm)
• Brewery Tastings
• New England Novelty
• Hay rides
• Boy Scouts’ bonfires
• Kettle Korn and Mom’s Cake Pops
Don’t Miss the Santa Train!
Orsini Park 5:00pm
• Holiday tree lighting
• Santa arrives on the Train
Music All Day
SAX-O-Claus around town from 1-3:00 p.m.
Bagpipes around town
Christmas Carols at St. John’s from 1-1:30 p.m.
Community carol sing-along at St. John’s from 2-4:00 p.m.
Altamont Free Library
179 Main Street 12-5pm
• Art quilt raffle
• Ornament making for kids
• Book signings:
- Nancy Payne – How I Came To Dowagiac
- Keith Willis – Desperate Knight
120 Maple Street 12-5pm
• Free portraits
Bella Fleur and Remedies
182 Main St
• Holiday wine and liquor tasting
• Holiday greens demonstrations
• Build your own centerpiece
106 Maple Ave.
S’mores outdoors and walking tacos.
One Love Preschool
Now at the Reformed Church, 129 Lincoln 12-4pm
Make and take a beautiful holiday ornament.
Prizes available until 4:00 for completing the Scavenger Hunt.
Sensory Gratitude Scavenger Hunt
• Pick up flyers at the Masonic Hall and other village locations: ReNue Spa, Severson Insurance, Altamont Community Room, VFW, American Legion, the Spinning Room, Bella Fleur. Return completed flyers to One Love Preschool at the Reformed Church, 129 Lincoln by 4:00 pm.
186 Main St.
The bar will be open all day. Smoked meats outdoors!
Holiday shopping from 12-5 pm
American Legion: 988 Altamont Blvd. near Stewart’s
• Crocheted Gifts by Diane
• Family Tree Crafters
• On Feather’s Edge
• Molly Eyes
• Jacobs Barn
• Free cookies, coffee and hot chocolate
Re-Nue Spa: 119 Maple Avenue
• Bozen Creek Fiber Farm
• HAWC Photography
• Herbal Turtle Teas
• O’Boys Soap
• Under the Nose Fudge
• Barbers 1857 Vodka
Severson Insurance: 135 Maple Ave.
• Black Sheep Honey Company
Spinning Room: 190 Main Street
• Knitted items for sale
Altamont Community Room: 115 Main Street
• Simply Beautiful
• Perfectly Scented with Brandy
• USborne Books and More
• JoKamsco Group
• All Purpose Gifts
• Vintage Heart
• Backwoods Trading Company
• Jane’s Daughter
• Butterfly Garden Crafts
• Roes Stitch and Sew
• Sipology by Steeped Tea
• Beautiful Mess Barbara
• Style & File Nails
• Kreatively Kat
• Sweets & Treats
• MAD Crafty Creations
• Thirty One
• Bohemian Pizazz
• Emily’s Holiday Creations
• Creative Crafters
• Altamont AFD Auxiliary selling cookies trays and several raffles
Altamont VFW: 11 Mill Street
• Black Kettle Soap Company
• Tastefully Simple
• Helderberg Meadworks
• Mickle Hollow Maple + Honey
• Adirondack Barkery
• Solarius Productions
Village Businesses Open:
• Agway/Altamont Country Values: 106 Prospect Terrace
• Altamont Corners: 187 Main St.
• Altamont Archives and Museum: 115 Main St.
• Altamont Enterprise: 120 Maple Ave.
• Bella Fleur and Remedies: 182 Main St.
• Home Front Cafe: 192 Main St. (7 am to 1 pm)
• Hungerford Market: 106 Maple Ave.
• Stewart’s: 1001 Altamont Blvd.
• Veronica’s: 186 Main St.
• Village Pizza: 101 Prospect Terrace