The Board of Directors of Altamont Community Tradition (ACT) is pleased to announce the recipients of our first annual Community Grant program. The program is intended to expand our giving to a wider range of organizations who preserve our history and strengthen the village through engaging activities. The grant program is funded through ACT’s events, fundraising, and activities such as the Victorian Holidays.
2019 Community Grant Recipients
- Altamont Free Library for a new projector to be used for community events.
- Altamont Reformed Church for equipment to support their monthly community dinner.
- Albany/Schenectady/Green County Agricultural and Historical Society at the Altamont Fair for archival supplies essential to preserving fair history.
Many thanks to all who applied. Applications will open again in February 2020.
2019 Call for Grants.
Altamont Community Tradition (ACT) is pleased to announce its first annual Call for Community Grant Applications. These small grants (up to $500) will be donated to projects by local non-profit organizations that align with ACT’s mission of historic preservation and strengthening the village community through engaging activities.
Deadline for 2019 funding requests is March 1, 2019. Successful projects will be notified on April 15, 2019 and will be posted on our website and Facebook page.
Community Grant Committee
Altamont Community Traditions (ACT)
P.O. Box 685
Altamont, NY 12009
Altamont Community Grant Application
Name of organization:
Briefly describe your organization and include evidence of non-profit status.
Briefly describe your project:
Grant amount requested:
Expected use date:
Terms and conditions:
- The proposed recipient will be a local (Altamont area) organization or chapter of a statewide or national organization with a priority given to local programs.
- The organization, program, or project will directly benefit the Altamont community.
- The applicant organization is non-profit in nature (501c3), a school, church, or recognized government entity (such as fire department or law enforcement) using grant for public purposes.
- The purpose of the grant will be non-recurring in nature, e.g. new programs or activities, events, expansion of existing programs or activities, or capital needs are preferred.
- Recipient must use grants by December 31 of the granting year.
- Recipients must send documentation (photos, letter, etc.) of use.
- All grants will be voted on by the full Board. Board members with interest in the grant will recuse themselves.
___ I agree to abide by the terms and conditions:
Authorized signature & Date